MSD Tech Support Forums

Go Back   MSD Tech Support Forums > MSD General Discussion Forums > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions and Feedback Use this forum to post feedback and suggestions

Old 09-11-2006, 02:19 PM

Default MSD Cruise control

My truck is do-it-yourself turbocharged, and uses an MSD 6A (6AL?) BTM ignition control. I was surprised to come to the MSD site and not see an electronic cruise control that interfaces with the MSD ignition module offered. My truck produces mild boost at highway cruise (2200 rpm up), so the traditional vacuum-controlled cruise control is not an option.

I've just started searching for a non-vacuum cruise control, so it may turn out to be readily available. But with all the control the MSD box exercises, it seems to this layman that it would be a simple thing to use the MSD to run a cruise control, perhaps using magnetic pickups on the driveshaft or a wheel, or even the tach for a trigger. It could be a profitable plug-in.

Just a suggestion for a possible future product.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:18 AM

Billzebub,

I know there are non vacuum units out there but I will pass on the request. We are always looking to expand the product line into new areas. Thanks for the suggestion and it will be passed on.

Thanks,

MSD tech4