MSD Tech Support Forums

Go Back   MSD Tech Support Forums > MSD Ignition Forums > Installation Questions

Installation Questions Wiring and Tech Information

Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 AM
pontiacgp

Default spark plug gap with 6a

I have a SBC 355 with vortec heads. I have the delco cheap plugs that I gapped at 40 and Ultra 40 shielded wires. I installed the 6a along with an 85551 and didn't touch the plugs. Last nite I had one plug fail on me but after changing it the car ran great. Today I had another one fail. I check for dead cylinders with a thermal gun on the header tubes. It ran almost good for about 10 minutes but it runs like junk now and the symptoms point to the plugs again. Does the gap I have kill the plugs with the 6a? I picked up some NGK's V power today and what gap should I be setting them at? I'm under 10-1 compression and am running a ZZ4 roller cam if that matters.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 AM
pontiacgp

Instead of wasting time to post on here and not get any reply from the tech I should used that time to figure out the problem. I would have solved the problem sooner
Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 PM

What was the problem?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 AM

sir, you have to relize, we dont live on forums......we get anywhere from 700 to 1200 calls a day..ranging from opur product ..to answering or competitors problems....

Quote:
I have a SBC 355 with vortec heads. I have the delco cheap plugs that I gapped at 40 and Ultra 40 shielded wires. I installed the 6a along with an 85551 and didn't touch the plugs. Last nite I had one plug fail on me but after changing it the car ran great. Today I had another one fail. I check for dead cylinders with a thermal gun on the header tubes. It ran almost good for about 10 minutes but it runs like junk now and the symptoms point to the plugs again. Does the gap I have kill the plugs with the 6a? I picked up some NGK's V power today and what gap should I be setting them at? I'm under 10-1 compression and am running a ZZ4 roller cam if that matters
post some pics of the plugs/....( but that little of a gap..would not "kill" the plugs)