MSD Tech Support Forums

Go Back   MSD Tech Support Forums > MSD Ignition Forums > Installation Questions

Installation Questions Wiring and Tech Information

Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Q: Running all the leads (magnetic pickup and coil leads) together will create a "noise" problem.
A: These wires have been rerouted ... the mag trigger wire runs from the Digital 6+ to the distributor and there are no other leads running parallel. The nearest wire is now
under the manifold (biased towards the driver's side).

good , that will work out great ( less chance of noise problems)
i also send you (snail mail) a shielded cable ( 8862) for free.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Q: Pink for Nitrous Retard on 6520
A: Yes, noted. I'll tie this into the solenoid activation circuit when I get around to finishing off the nitrous system plumbing and wiring.

Q: Are you using a Hobbs Switch on the supply fuel for the Nitrous?
A: The only Hobbs I currently have installed makes sure the electric fuel pumps ony run when there is oil pressure. I will add one to the fuel supply line to make sure that the nitrous solenoids can only activate when there is fuel pressure. Armed + Fuel Pressure + clutch engaged + RPM Window switch + WOT Throttle switch = solenoids energized and pink timing retard activated. I wonder if all that will work on the first shot
good, that way if you loss fuel pressure..it will shut down.
here is an example of some hook ups.

diagram NOS & T Brake.jpg

web transbrake dual stages.JPG
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Q: Ground - I would run another lead from this point to the passenger head to complete the ground path
A: There is a head-to-head jumper on the firewall side of the cylinder heads. I will move this chassis ground back to the rear of the passenger head and to the frame rail to make the engine compartment look better. Thansk for the suggestion.

FLOATING GROUND1.JPG

this is a typical ground path.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:04 AM

[QUOTE]EDIS-8: Yes I would plan to use the MSD 8241 4-post coils ... Except that these coils use that hard to find lock-on connector. And yes, I know that you make a 8 cylinder universal set ... but it only comes in red. I prefer black wires. I might just have to build up a black engine so that red wires would look good (just kidding). I figure that since my first upgrade from the Ford OEM system would be coils, I would switch to coilpacks with HEI style coil boots. I was considering your part# 8239 but it's only 36K volts. But this was for a Dodge (Neon) so it stays within my brand preference. I also considered part# 8229 which is much like 8239. Part# 8224 looks interesting and has 40K volts but it's only a two-post. I might have trouble squeezing four of these into a small space. 8240 also looked interesting but it didn't look like it was rated for long-duration (street) usage ... and it has the goofy lock-on coil terminal ends. What would you run for a coil on a EDIS 8 system with the requirement that it be a 4-post and have HEI style ends?[/QUOTE]

use the neon/mini cooper ( the spark plug wires ) are easier to make
but , you may want to ask the mega jolt guys...myself i'm a die hard big stuff fan/user

http://www.msdignition.com/product.a...079&terms=8239