MSD Tech Support Forums

Go Back   MSD Tech Support Forums > MSD General Discussion Forums > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions and Feedback Use this forum to post feedback and suggestions

Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 AM

Default Coil wire recomendation

First, I must say that I am very pleased and impressed with the level of customer service that MSD offers. Recently I had an issue with trying to use the "Power Tower" that came with my Blaster 2 coil and sought advice on the Install forum. A reply and a PM later, and I had a new coil wire coming to me that had a male end on one side and a female end on the other. That brings me to this suggestion.

While waiting for my new coil wire I searched "Power Tower" on here and noticed a bit of other people having issues with them. All of them were sent new coil wires that would have the female end for their "HEI" style distributor cap and a male end for their coil. Through a Google search, I found that many people were taking their brand new MSD coil wires and cutting the female coil end off and putting on a male end. It'd be nice if MSD would simply offer this kind of coil wire for purchase. That would avoid all of the Power Tower issues and the hassle of having to either modify a newly purchased coil wire or burden you guys with getting an "opposite ended" wire made up and sent out.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:22 PM

I have the same problem. Ordered the power tower and blaster 2 but it comes with a coil wire that is female female and you need female male?

Im from holland so how can this be solved do you send the correct coil wire for this kit are do i need to modify it myself?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 PM

Look up my post in the Installation Forum. MSDTECH1955 did the dirty work and got me the coil wire that I needed that had different ends on it.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:25 PM

I got no response to the same complaint, it would be nice if msd would just supply the coil wire with an unfinished end that the end user could custom fit , It would keep customers and actually work in a performance atmosphere but what the hell do I know, I am just the end user handing them the cash. The power tower is just another avenue for ignition failure.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:30 AM

sir , I will send you request to the guys in sales/r & d..
feel free to [post your name and number so they can contact you.

how to send a powergrid file @VIDEO@
http://youtu.be/xO1A1wWYO0g