MSD Tech Support Forums

Go Back   MSD Tech Support Forums > MSD Powersports Forums > Installation Questions

Installation Questions Wiring diagrams and tech notes for powersport applications

Old 09-29-2009, 05:01 AM

Default An MSD for an atv?

I have a Yamaha Rhino 660 and my question is whether MSD makes a coil or a MSD box for this vehicle? My goal is to improve zero to 40 mph accelleration. Its' been rejetted, has a high performance CDI box[made by Black Rhino] and a high performance drive sheeve. It runs well but I want more without altering the basic stock piston/stroke or the five valve cylinder head. Thanks, Les//bdooners1
Old 09-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Support

Hello,
When used with MSD part number 42171 harness our 4217 single cylinder programmable ignition will work. Along with these you can also use our pn8232 coil. This will give you the capability to control timing as well as an adjustable rev limiter. Actual accelleration gains would vary based on how well you are able tune through the software (provided) and by what method you would use to tune......a dyno for example would be best. If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks, Bret-MSD Powersports