MSD Tech Support Forums

Go Back   MSD Tech Support Forums > MSD Ignition Forums > Installation Questions

Installation Questions Wiring and Tech Information

Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 PM

Default Power Tower and Blaster 2

I have an old MSD 8461 distributor that I've installed a new cap (8433) and rotor (8467) on. I have a brand new 6AL box and Blaster 2 coil. I recently purcahsed a coil wire from Summit (84039) which came with a Power Tower. When I tried installing the Power Tower in the Blaster 2 coil, something is just not right. It fits loose and takes very little movement for it to come out of the coil. With this system being on a mud racer where movement is going to be VERY present, I'm fearing the Power Tower removing itself mid-run.

I read on the forums about how to unscrew the tip from the screw, inserting the screw first and then sliding the tower over before starting the tip back on. When I do this the threads on the screw are no where near close to where I can get the tip to thread on. With keeping the Power Tower assembled, inserting it into the coil isn't allowing the screw head and "frayed wire" to make any kind of good contact with the bottom of tower of the coil. In short, this whole Power Tower system scares me. HAHA.

I'm curious what my options are. Do I need to try to get ahold of a female socket and boot end and modify the brand new coil wire? Do I have the wrong Power Tower? I'm a bit stuck here, and just a few weeks from the biggest race of the year. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Catching Second; 04-24-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:33 PM

give me the length ,color and boot ends you need ...and we will send you a
coil wire .
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM

Wow! Thanks so much. I sent you a PM. You guys are the best.