MSD Tech Support Forums

Go Back   MSD Tech Support Forums > MSD Powersports Forums > Installation Questions

Installation Questions Wiring diagrams and tech notes for powersport applications

Old 09-06-2010, 07:43 AM

Default MSD Hall Effect to Wand Converter

I'm installing a 42351 Ignition Module on a Polaris 1200 Watercraft Triple based engine for snowmobile drag racing use. I have a MSD 4551 trigger plate, but don't see where MSD ever made a flywheel for it, I want to keep the ring gear and electric start.

Can I use a MSD 4343 Hall Effect to Wand Converter with my Polaris 1200 Watercraft's stock flywheel and pickups? My stock 1200 flywheel has a single magnet mounted in a plastic insert at the taper of the flywheel, and I think three pickups mounted in the stator? Wouldn't this stock 1200 Polaris flywheel and pickup be Hall Effect style?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 AM

We did make a Polaris Jet Ski total loss flywheel but stopped making it about a year ago. There may be a chance of finding one on EBay. The 4343 Hall Effect to wand converter is no longer made and will not be needed if you’re using the wand triggers part number 43161. The only time the 4343 unit is needed if the Hall Effect in wand housing triggers where used part number 4342. If you have anymore questions please contact me at 1-915-856-2727 or email me at rcorral@msdpowersports.com .

Thank you

Ray