PDA

View Full Version : LED help with 7531 Programable +

dragradial95
06-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I have a 1995 Mustang with a FAST XFI, and a 7531 Digital Programable Plus Ignition. I have the cam sensor hooked to the FAST, crank trgger hooked to FAST, and the only trigger going to the 7531 is the points wire from the FAST. Car ran fine, I did 2 transbrake pulls to test a new convertor, started the car to roll it back in the garage, after that, the car began backfiring through the exhaust. Checked compression and valvetrain, no mechanical issues, checked FAST box, no issues with FAST box. I do not remember what the LED did before the problems with the car...What should the LED do with this set-up, with all other functions working correctly, when the ignition box is turned on?

msdtech4
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
dragradial95,

The only time the LED means anything is when the engine is cranking or running. Ignition on the LED is irrelevant. Once craning or running the LED should normally be flashing each time the trigger signals the box. Normally anything above idle the LED would appear to be ON steady. Other wise the LED would flash accordingly.
No Cam Sync -------- The cam sync input is missing.
Low Battery --------- Low battery voltage during multi-spark.
The Led will Flash a Blink Code for each active Alert.
The 1st Alert in the list will blink 2 times.
The 2nd Alert in the list will blink 3 times.

Thanks,

MSD tech4