PDA

View Full Version : RX7 94 (What type of digital amplifier ?)

racerxrx7
07-17-2003, 12:19 PM
I looking into getting a digital amplifier for my 94 RX7 and I was wondering which would best fit my application. Is there a special wiring harness for this type of application?

Thanks

msdtech1
07-17-2003, 03:04 PM
You can install an MSD Digital SCI, PN 6350, on the primary coil. This will boost the spark quite a bit on the primary coil plus give you the Multi-Spark feature. If you need more than that, you can also add one MSD DIS-2, PN 6211 for the secondary coils.

MSD Tech1

rotorbrain
08-28-2003, 12:36 AM
i have a digital 6 box. i purchased it used and read somewhere else that if you have distributorless ignition that you cant use that box. . . i own a 94 rx7 as well. . . the box doesnt seem to work. the light doesnt glow when im looking at it at idle. im not exactly sure the box is getting a full 12 volts at idle though. i have underdriven pulleys and the such so at idle its a little hard to keep it at 12volts. any way to check this out?

paul

msdtech2
08-28-2003, 05:47 PM
The Digital 6 can be used only on a single channel system, which will accept 1 input signal only. The RX7 has a leading coil w/dual output coil, so there is only 1 channel to fire 2 plugs. The trailing coils have 2 igniters with separate outputs so you cannot use a single channel with this trailing side. So this is where you will need the Dis-2 with 2 channels. The RX7 is the only engine that is distributorless that you will be able to use a single channel MSD Unit, like the Digital. In order for an MSD Unit to work at it's full potential it will require 12-16 volts.
Thanks,
msdtech2

rotorbrain
08-28-2003, 10:43 PM
what should the cyl. setting be on? and what is the long blue wire for? the light doesnt come on when i turn the car on. . . i think i have a bad unit.

paul

msdtech2
08-29-2003, 11:52 AM
The cylinder select should be set to 4-cyl application, the long blue wire is for the 2 Step that is built in the unit. The LED light will come on for a second then turn back off, but once the car is running or cranking it should flash. It is a trigger signal indicator, letting you know that there is a trigger signal coming to the unit.
Thanks,
msdtech2