PDA

View Full Version : Blaste2 Coil

W2J
07-17-2003, 10:11 AM
I am having a problem since installing the blaster 2 coils in my car my engine is a nissan z18 turbo the car worked fine until I install the 2 coils it seem as if the car is breaking at higher rpm and backfiring to prompt somethjing like leaning out please help btw it is a 8 plug engine

msdtech1
07-17-2003, 02:08 PM
We need a little more info from you on this one. What is the year of the vehicle and do you know what the primary and secondary resistance was on the two coils that you removed from the vehicle? Was the car operating correctly before you took the other coils off?

MSD Tech1

W2J
07-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by msdtech1@Jul 17 2003, 01:08 PM
We need a little more info from you on this one. What is the year of the vehicle and do you know what the primary and secondary resistance was on the two coils that you removed from the vehicle? Was the car operating correctly before you took the other coils off?

MSD Tech1
i think the engine was made in 1986 it a transplat in a datsun 1200 I do not know what the resistance of the two coils were and yes the car was working good before removing the coils before however they did not have the resistors hooked up to them

msdtech1
07-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Since the engine is a transplant and we do not have original coil specification data on the factory coils then we will need to know the resistance of the coil primary and secondary. Do you still have the coils that you took off the engine? Can you check the resistance with an ohm meter?

MSD Tech1