PDA

View Full Version : No Saved Data?

ken0069
03-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I installed a 7531 box last year and saved a bunch of runs to files with a .ACQ suffix on'em. This year I made some changes to the car and wanted to look at some of the old Launch History runs I saved but I can't open any of them. I can look at runs that are in the box now but can't open anything that is saved. Says something about installing "Pro Data Upgrade"? I don't remember having this problem last year?

Any help here?

Thanks,

Ken

msdtech22
03-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Are you relying on the ignition box to save the files or your computer? All saved files should be saved in your laptop and filed under the name you gave them as you saved them. Try doing a search through your laptop hard drive "all files/folders".

ken0069
03-26-2007, 09:36 AM
If you'll notice in the FIRST sentence of my post I stated that I have files saved with an .ACQ suffix? The only way for me to know they are .ACQ files is if they were saved on my computer?

YES, I SAVED THE FILES TO MY COMPUTER WITH NAMES FOR THE RACE TRACKS I RACED AT! They are saved in the 7531 folder in the MSD directory in Program Files on my C:\ drive.

Now, I can't open them and I get the message in a popup that I listed in my original post. What is the problem? :cursing:

msdtech4
03-27-2007, 07:11 AM
ken0069,

If you are trying to open them in program files they will not open. You must open them in the graph view software under History File 1 which is under view on the main screen. Open up what ever part number and version number you have and then go to "VIEW" then to "History File 1" and this will bring up your "History File 1" screen and on this screen go to "File" then to "Open Acq". Once the box opens your saved files are in there and can be opened from there.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

ken0069
04-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Nope, I wasn't trying to open them in Program Files, just making sure that they were there and confirming the names of them.

The info you posted fixed the problem as I can now look at those. I think my problem was that I was trying to open then in the Launch History window, which won't happen.

Anywho, Thanks for the help!

msdtech22
04-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Not a problem, anytime we can help.

540elcamino
05-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Man its getting tough being an MSD tech these days! :)

msdtech22
05-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Tougher and tougher everyday, only because we are developing new ignition products using digital/microprocessor technology.