PDA

View Full Version : Msd 7562

booster
03-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Are there any online program samples for this unit?

msdtech4
03-23-2007, 12:42 PM
booster,

Yes there are some samples of acquisitions in the program software which is available off of our web page. You will need to open the program, open a 7562 file then you will click on VIEW at the top of the monitor page and then click on history file 1. This is going to bring up an additional screen that you can open an ACQ file. There are three samples in this file you can look at.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

booster
04-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks.

Second question.

If I am using CO2 to both sides of the wastegate. The instruction say to raise the boost side pressure until you see the wastegate open. Does that mean at the first sign of movement or when the valve is completely open? Mine started to open around 5 psi and I set it 10# above that at 15#. Then I set the spring side regulator 40psi above that at 55psi. Is this correct?

msdtech4
04-04-2007, 08:20 AM
booster,

The easiest way to set this up is to set the pressure on top and bottom 20-40 psi higher then the value you want the waste gate to operate. If you want the launch psi at 5 set the CO2 to 25 psi and if you want the max boost pressure at 30 psi set the CO2 pressure to 50 psi. If you notice the boost controller loses control either top or bottom then raise the CO2 pressure accordingly by 10 psi.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

booster
04-13-2007, 06:24 AM
I set the two regulators as described. Target boost of 5#. Made two passes and the boost controller is allowing the turbo to make 15#. I have gone over the program and everything seems in order according to the manual.

Is there anyone I can email my program file to and let them look it over...maybe there is something I am missing.

msdtech4
04-13-2007, 07:17 AM
booster,

Send it to msdtech@msdignition.com and we can check it out.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

booster
04-26-2007, 06:23 AM
OK. Finally have everything working correctly and let me say I am very impressed with how tightly it controls the boost down track.

I have a question regarding the stallup.

I have the light blue(burn out wire) hooked to my line lock. The dark blue(launch) wire is hooked to my transbrake output(12V) on my delay box. This means that the boost controller will not start trying to make the boost plotted until the transbrake actually lets go correct? During stall up while 12V is still being applied to the Tbrake what boost is the controller trying to achieve? (if any) If you move the zero time point to 6# will it try to make 6# while 12V is still being applied?

msdtech4
05-03-2007, 08:59 AM
booster,

It is a nice unit once you understand it, it works really well. What ever your 0.0 time is set to is going to be the boost value you build on the line. If it is set to 6 pounds that is all it should build on trans brake.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

booster
05-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks. I finally figured that out. For some reason it would not allow me to pull the zero time spot up until I zoomed in on the frame. Once I zoomed I could then move up and down the boost scale. 1.43 60' on 6# of boost and spinning.

On the burnout setting. You input the straight boost number you want to run say 6# not the 14.7 ref plus 6#'s right?

msdtech4
05-11-2007, 06:56 AM
booster,

Yes that is the case that is gauge pressure not MAP. I am not sure why you had to zoom in it should have allowed you to move the dot where ever you wanted in 1:1 view. Glad you figured it out though! If you have any other questions let us know.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

turboten5
05-22-2007, 08:27 PM
booster,

Yes that is the case that is gauge pressure not MAP. I am not sure why you had to zoom in it should have allowed you to move the dot where ever you wanted in 1:1 view. Glad you figured it out though! If you have any other questions let us know.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

booster can you send me a number to call you onthis msdcontroller,i am about to run mine for the first time and dont have anything programmed yet..

akilgore@cumbytel.com