PDA

View Full Version : propane injection

squirel
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Propane kit for the late model ford truck with 6 L, Is not compatable with the TPS single , and throws the truck comp in to limp mode. when will the MSD engineirs look for and find the fix?? I have installed this kit in my customers truck 6 months ago , and now he would like it removed and that means I will be out for the whole job custom tank and all. I have asked him to wait a bit longer but I need to give him a firm date,
if you can give me some answers I would apparetiate it thank you
Squirel

msdtech4
02-09-2007, 01:13 PM
squirel,

What year is the truck?

Thanks,

MSD tech4

squirel
02-09-2007, 02:14 PM
the ford is a mid year 2006 f350with 6L and to what I have been told this kit works on some of the 06 fords but that is all I know so far, and I expect that there was a mid year change in the tps ??
in the kit I instaled ,the kit hooked up to the a yellow wire on the tps ,and the falt code light was flashing so I took the code and looked it up on the net and the instructions said to hook it to the gray, after that the falt on the kit stoped flashing and the kit started to work some , then the truck started to go to limp mode, I them phoned teck support and they told me that the kit will not work until the engineors came up with a fix???

msdtech4
02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
squirel,

Although I hate to say it there is not a "FIX" date unfortunately. It is a matter of engineering being able to get a truck in here and install it on the truck and checking to see if it happens on that truck. I hate to say it but it but if the customer is in a hurry it would be best to refund them for the system. As far as taking care of the rest of it this would have to go through super chips directly as they are actually marketing this system, for us. I could contact customer service over there and explain that you have the cost of the tank line and labor in this and see if they can do anything for that as well as the kit. Their number is 407-585-7000, ask for the customer service department.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

squirel
02-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Thank you and what I will do is speak to my customer and find out what he want's to do.
I will try to get more time , I have instaled on dodge trucks that were getting 26 MPG and have them running up to 43, plus the propane witch bring's them down to 37 MPG included , and good power increase.
I would like to see what I can get from thirsty ford at 13 MPG,
thanks Squirel

msdtech4
02-12-2007, 04:06 PM
squirel,

No problem sorry for the delay on this. Let us know what the customer says and we will help you out in what ever we can.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

squirel
02-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Hello
I have talked to my customer and he is going to give it some more time
at my request but he is impationt,
I was thinking about it and would it be possable to tempararly install a scecond TPS just to run the propaine system??
give me your thoughs
squirel

msdtech4
02-23-2007, 08:01 AM
squirel,

That should be fine, you simply have to supply the proper signal in to it so our unit recognizes the output and it should work. Mounting it however might be a challenge so it is the same as the original one. If you can i see no reason why it would not work. This way the signal out is not being affected. Let us know what you decide.

Thanks,

MSD tech4