PDA

View Full Version : MSD Digital 6 Plus

sweetS10V8
07-15-2003, 10:36 AM
I have a MSD Digital 6 (#6520), and It my motor quit running 3 months after I bought it. So 2 years ago I parted out the car. I have since sold the vehicle, and just found my Digital 6 stored away in a box!(Just like Christmas!)

My question is, is there any way to see if it is still in working order without having it completely wired up to a vehicle? I have spare batterys around, but no more V8 vehicles. I will soon be purchasing a new V8 project and would like to know if I have a working ignition box or not??

any help is appreciated

(sent email, but wanted to try boards)

msdtech2
07-15-2003, 01:11 PM
The best way is to have a vehicle, it doesn't have to be a 8 cylinder, as long as it has a battery, external coil that has easy access to the coil positive and negative. Do the following connections,
Heavy Red and small red to battery positive
Heavy Black to battery negative
Small orange to coil positive
Small Black to coil negative, make sure that these are the only 2 wires on the coil.
Take the coil wire from the distributor cap and lay 1/4 inch from ground, this is where it will spark.
Once the wires are connected, take the small white wire and touch it to ground, every time you touch and release it should spark at the coil wire. If it does not, then there is a problem with the unit. I would recommend to send it in to see if it could be repaired.
Thanks,
msdtech2