PDA

View Full Version : MSD 7535 won't connect to PC need help ASAP

383backinblack
12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
I've had this ignition for awhile, and it worked fine I never had a single problem interfacing the ignition with the computer. I just re-installed the engine and plugged in the laptop and i CANNOT get it to connect.....the software won't perform a loopback test, and it will not connect to the box.

its connected through a USB port, i've tried all the USB ports, and i've uninstalled, and reinstalled the pro data software completely about 5 times, and it still won't work and continues to do the same thing.....

like normally when you open the program without anything connected it says "loopback test" and then shows your last data file.....now it just says "loopback test" and doesnt show anything at all just blank windows, and its done this everytime including after the re-installs......i CANNOT figure it out and can't get it to work.....the drivers for the USB adapter are all good, and the adapter is working fine......the box is on, has power, the battery is fully charged, and the status light is functioning......I need help ASAP

msdtech22
12-21-2006, 10:08 AM
To get a more complete answer and to have us talk you through the problem, call the tech line at 915-855-7123 and ask for extension 2236.

Trying to explain or solve through the forum would be too time consuming and quite often information is mis-interpreted. A phone call would be better.

383backinblack
12-21-2006, 10:17 AM
To get a more complete answer and to have us talk you through the problem, call the tech line at 915-855-7123 and ask for extension 2236.

Trying to explain or solve through the forum would be too time consuming and quite often information is mis-interpreted. A phone call would be better.

already did that, their response was "un-install it and re-install it again"

msdtech22
12-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Did it solve your problem? If not call the tech line again and ask for extension 2236.

msdtech21
02-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I've had this ignition for awhile, and it worked fine I never had a single problem interfacing the ignition with the computer. I just re-installed the engine and plugged in the laptop and i CANNOT get it to connect.....the software won't perform a loopback test, and it will not connect to the box.

its connected through a USB port, i've tried all the USB ports, and i've uninstalled, and reinstalled the pro data software completely about 5 times, and it still won't work and continues to do the same thing.....

like normally when you open the program without anything connected it says "loopback test" and then shows your last data file.....now it just says "loopback test" and doesnt show anything at all just blank windows, and its done this everytime including after the re-installs......i CANNOT figure it out and can't get it to work.....the drivers for the USB adapter are all good, and the adapter is working fine......the box is on, has power, the battery is fully charged, and the status light is functioning......I need help ASAP

Sir,

The loopback test is an indication that there is a communications error with the laptop, software, serial cable, and/or the USB device. This is a subject that really can take me all day to type up. Call me at ext 2236 or send me an email and I can send you a 38 page troubleshooting guide I've been working on.

Thanks,
MSDtech21

MSDTECH@MSDIGNITION.COM

Colossus
07-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I am having the same issue.

Eric David Bru
07-22-2009, 09:40 PM
...I can send you a 38 page troubleshooting guide I've been working on.

Thanks,
MSDtech21

MSDTECH@MSDIGNITION.COM

Please email this to me at ericdavidbru@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

jhogan2424
07-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I too would like a copy of the trouble shooting guide if you could email it to jhogan2424@rittermail.com Thanks for your time, Jason

Eric David Bru
08-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Bump for Tech...

msdtech21
09-22-2009, 09:28 AM
EDB,

You got mail.

Thanks,
Peter

Eric David Bru
09-22-2009, 09:18 PM
I got it, but haven't read it yet...

EDB

msdtech22
10-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Glad to help out.

Paul.Jacobs
11-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Have a look to see which COM port GraphView is using. Ours was on 3 and we were getting the same problem. Changed it to 4 and we're all good.

Easy!

msdtech22
11-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the input.