PDA

View Full Version : 3 Map and 7531

COMECORRECT
12-02-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm installing the 3 bar map sensor on my Digital 7 box. How can I using the 7531 get a total of 28 dgerees when a have it set at 38 degrees at the distributor. I'm boosting about 23 pounds of boost with a cooler. I just need some help telling this box what to do.....

Charles "COME CORRECT" Ford

Eric David Bru
12-02-2006, 08:11 AM
I'll take a stab at this...

When the Dark Blue and Light Blue wires are applied to 12 volts at the same time, a fourth rev limit is activated. This limit is to spool up a turbo during the burnout. When both the Dark Blue and Light Blue RevLimit wires are at +12 volts then the Spool RevLimit is active.

Do you only want your retard to apply while spooling up?

If so, use one of the step retards to apply 10* of retard while spooling.

If you want the retard to apply when you launch, use the launch retard. This will apply the retard as soon as you activate the dark blue wire and will continue to retard the engine for up to 2.5 seconds (adjustable 0-2.5 sec).

I assume you want to use the boost retard curve for the pass itself?

I hope this helps.

COMECORRECT
12-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I really want to retard the timing while I'm making a pass. I have already setup the spool setting and launch retard is done. The car leaves then pick ups. I wish a had a graph to look at someone tell me how to make the map sensor take the amount of timing out throughout the run... Make sense..

Eric David Bru
12-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Can you use the boost timing map to achieve your goals?

It will apply retard based on the amount of boost you run.

BOOST RETARD CURVE
This timing curve can be programmed in relation to boost/vacuum pressure within the intake manifold. The curve can be programmed from 2psia - 45psia in 0.25psia from 0°- 25° in 0.1°increments. Up to 32 different points on can be input on the Boost Chart. Also, all of these points are interpolated every millisecond to create a smooth (no steps) curve. This curve can easily be edited using the Boost Curve chart in the Pro-Data+ software. An MSD MAP sensor is required to use this feature and three are offered:

1-Bar, for n/a engines, PN 23111
2-Bar, for 2-30psia, PN 23121
3-Bar, for 2-45psia, PN 23131

Note: The Boost Retard Curve default is 0° retard.

Rev Average: This allows you to program the number of engine revolutions that occur to produce an average boost value. It is adjustable in 2, 4, 6 or 8 crankshaft revolutions. This function is designed to help average the boost pressure to provide an accurate reading.

The default is 2 revolutions which should be ideal for the majority of applications.

PSI Sensor: This allows you to input the specification of the MAP sensor. Select a 15psia, 30psia or 45psia sensor. Default is 15psia.

COMECORRECT
12-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks Man for your help I will try and plot the curve can I send you a screen shot or file to make sure I have it right.

msdtech22
12-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Let us know what happens.