PDA

View Full Version : cannot record a run

zaxxon1
11-29-2006, 11:48 AM
We have the programmable 7 plus installed in our dragster. It is a three stage nitrous powered motor. We activate the record off the launch but at the end of the run the driver switches off the car via the ignition switch (which switches the msd off also). How do I down load the run when the car is returned to the pits?.

dcw9214
11-30-2006, 06:11 PM
When you hook the laptop up with the com port, start software then turn ignition on. It will automatically transfer data to laptop. Need the light blue wire for the burn out rev limit hooked up... this clears the data before a run. Then when transbrake is applied it starts at upto 2 seconds before launch.This sould be dark blue wire for 2 step.
Thats how mine works...
DCW

zaxxon1
12-14-2006, 10:10 AM
When you hook the laptop up with the com port, start software then turn ignition on. It will automatically transfer data to laptop. Need the light blue wire for the burn out rev limit hooked up... this clears the data before a run. Then when transbrake is applied it starts at upto 2 seconds before launch.This sould be dark blue wire for 2 step.
Thats how mine works...
DCW
I have ours connected the same way except that I use the purge button for stage one nitrous to activate the light blue wire to clear the data for recording. I figured out why I did not get my recordings. It seems that after the run the driver forgot about the button and purged when the bottles were locked off. We have corrected this, the driver just purges the second bottle alone and not the first one. Thanks for the help.

msdtech22
12-19-2006, 01:42 PM
If you are still having problems, let us know.