PDA

View Full Version : DIS2 plus no start

1gdsmdriver
11-27-2006, 05:52 PM
hi,

I have a 93 eagle talon TSI, i just finished putting in my DIS2, but it wont start, it starts with the by pass key in. It will start with the DIS8912 module disconnected and runs good except i am not registering RPMS on my AFC2 or my TACH. with the DIS8912 connected there is no fault code and the engine will turn over and the rpm will register 300rpms on the TACH which i figured are just the engine rotating to start but it just cranks with no kick off. The only other electrics i have added are the AFC2, and a MAFT but the rpms for that are off the cas. is there anyone that has experienced this or might know what the problem is. "oh and i am running the stock coil."

msdtech4
12-07-2006, 08:26 AM
1gdsmdriver,

What is the LED on the box doing while cranking? Link the box up to the DIS and watch the monitor section. There is a trigger function you can look at does this change from none? In the trouble shooting section of the instructions we cover how to test the unit manually. I would recommend trying this as well. Keep in mind that just because it runs on the bypass does not mean it is wired correctly so donít rule that out.

Thanks,

MSD tech4