PDA

View Full Version : When will 7531 REALLY be shipping?

Lump
07-12-2003, 03:37 PM
What the real answer to when the 7531 boxes will ship?

I know it says on your main site "Now shipping" but when I called your tech line weekly the date keeps moving forward. I ordered one mid June because I was told they would ship June 30th, and subsequently sold my 7530 to a friend - then I called on the 30th to confirm they were shipping and was told "END OF JULY." It's now mid july and I phoned this week and was told "MID AUGUST". At this rate, I will NEVER get one of these boxes so I might as well cancel my order and buy a Mallory instead. :(
We have a short racing season up in Canada - and I hate to miss half of the season because I'm getting strung along.

I understand you are probably waiting until you have hundreds of others like myself "on the hook" so to speak before you commit the capital to start production, but it is DISHONEST to list them for sale everywhere and even say on your own site "NOW SHIPPING" when you haven't even gone into production...

msdtech2
07-14-2003, 10:40 AM
I am sorry for the delay you have experienced in receiving your MSD Programmable Digital 7 Plus. MSD is diligently trying to fill the current orders that we have for that unit. The MSD website is correct in saying that we are currently shipping the Digital 7 Plus units. The reason for the delay is due to a high order rate for that unit which exceeded our initial production rate. We have adjusted our production and should have all orders filled very soon. Please refer to your e-mail for additional info, that I will be needing in order to give you an accurate delivery date on your unit.
thanks,
msdtech2

Lump
07-14-2003, 01:31 PM
This information is in contrary to what I was told on your tech line on friday - I was told that they would be "probably" be shipping in mid august - which is too late for me. I was counting on having it a week ago today. (July 7th.)

I can't check the email address that is in my profile from work so I will have to check when I get home. Please post here the additional info you require to provide a more accurate shipping date.

msdtech2
07-14-2003, 05:08 PM
We will need to know what performance shop/warehouse you placed the order to and approximately what date the order was placed. It is important that we get the name of the warehouse in order for us to be able to look up exactly when the order was placed. We ship on a first come first serve basis and this is why we need to know the correct information.
msdtech2

Lump
07-14-2003, 05:42 PM
check your pm. thanks.

msdtech2
07-15-2003, 08:56 AM
We have researched the orders for the 7531 and there are 9 that will be shipping today, 2 of those will be shipping to Canada, which includes your unit.
Thanks,
msdtech2

Lump
07-15-2003, 10:02 AM
thanks

msdtech2
07-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Your welcome!
msdtech2