PDA

View Full Version : Timing retard or slew rate effect with 7531

MCBRIZ28
10-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Have been in a disagreement on which would be more effective on controlling wheel spin on 10.5 car. car went 1.25 60ft with 3 degrees out for .75 seconds then on next pass and all others this night it would blow tires off even after pulling a extra 2 degrees I think the 1.25 60ft was just a good track condition at the time and want little timing retard we had really had no effect. I think myself a slew rate of say 1000 rpm in low gear would be more consistent round to round. The car is a 3400 pound car with around 1200 HP thru a glide and 4.10 gears. Do not have any problems in high gear. Just thought I would get a few more opinions before pushing the slew rate deal
Thanks McBride
The engine is a 585 cid big block chevy peak torque at around 6600 rpm 930 ft lbs and peak horse power is at 7800 rpm around 1200. single dominator on alum. intake. 6200 converter leaving at 3800.

Eric David Bru
10-14-2006, 11:39 PM
I need to know more about the engine before I can answer a question such as this... :)

msdtech4
10-16-2006, 09:52 AM
MCBRIZ28,

Timing can be just as effective in most cases. Where the slew or timed limiter really shines is on flat out bad tracks. They will normally do a better job then timing when it is really marginal. It is pretty much something you will have to try. Basically get the car to go from a to b and then figure out the slew values and try the limiter at that time. Try the slew and see how it works in comparison. Honestly in most cases dialed in correctly the limiters work better on bad tracks. If you would like you can send your ACQ file to us and we can help you set us a slew limit.

Thanks,

MSD tech4