PDA

View Full Version : 86 Blazer Hei

btolenti
10-24-2003, 09:54 AM
I have an 85 K5 Blazer with a 350 with stock HEI.

The distributor has the 7 PIN ignition module. THe feed to the distributor is a 4 wire connector.

I want to use your 8400 Super HEI kit? Is this possible with my current setup? How do I attach the magnetic pickup (it has 1/10" spades on the ignition module).

I have looked at the 6 series install manual, but it does not have a setup for a 7 pin module with magnetic pickup.

Thanks,
Brandon

msdtech4
10-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Brandon,

You actually would not use the magnetic pick up portion of the box. You would follow the hook up for the 5 or 7 pin using the white wire of the MSD box. The 8400 kit will work fine with this set up.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

btolenti
10-24-2003, 11:42 AM
SO I would still use the ignition module inside the distributor????

According to the instructions I would hook up the white wire to the brown wire coming out of the distributor, which incidentally is connected to the ignition module. THe red MSD wire connects to the pink wire also coming from the distributor, and ignition module...

Is there a way to completely bypass the stock module inside the distributor?

I apologize for all the questions. I just want to make sure this will all work properly, (and be California SMOG legal) before I go ahead and order all this stuff...

Thanks,
Brandon

msdtech4
10-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Brandon,

Yes that is how it will hook up. Since the motor is fuel injected/computer controlled the module must be retained for the computer functions to be happy. Better to ask and get it right and not ask and burn something up.

Thanks,

MSD tech4