PDA

View Full Version : Good Job

V8Mongrel
08-11-2006, 07:37 AM
From the Greensheet:
MSD OBTAINS FEDERAL INJUNCTION AGAINST PROCOMP ELECTRONICS
El Paso, TX-based MSD Ignition/Autotronic Controls Corp. has obtained a permanent federal injunction barring Procomp Electronics of Ontario, CA, from offering ignition products that uses a design confusingly similar to that used by MSD.
This all stems from a lawsuit Autotronic filed against Procomp in U.S. District Court earlier this year, where Autotronic claimed that Procomp intentionally used an infringing design. Autotronic alleged that a Procomp product uses a design essentially identical to the shape and color of Autotronicís ignition boxes. It also claims that Procompís product also bears labels that use a design that is confusingly-similar to the design used by Autotronic.
Autotronic said it was being harmed by these actions and asked the court for an injunction against Procompís continued use of this allegedly-infringing design. It also asked for all of Procompís profits from selling the product in question. The two companies recently reached a settlement that included the injunction mentioned above. Procomp has agreed to cease using the design in question. The injunction was issued in order to ensure that the agreement is fully enforceable by Autotronic.

Way to go MSD. I for one am tired of crappy look-alike products that pull the market down. A $200 MSD is going to be a tough sell against a $100 copy and it will take a long time for the public to become aware of just what a POS that $100 copy is. Do you guys have cutaways done that you can put up on the site? Kind of like a real vs. fake section?

msd_admin
08-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Heres a picture of the unit- I'll see if we have any cutaways we can show. Thanks for your input.http://www.msdignition.com/pr/images/procomp.jpg

MSD Admin

V8Mongrel
08-11-2006, 10:02 AM
I am involved in this issue on a professional level and I think that the most effective tool is education. You need to destroy the perception of "if it looks the same, it is the same". Open up the parts and show the differences. Get the word out yourself. Your distributors are just going to make the easy sale, which is always the cheapest unit. Go direct to consumers with the facts.