View Full Version : msd sci prob.....

delsol1
06-19-2003, 09:55 PM
i have a 1994 honda delsol 1.5l
msd sci ignition
msd blaster 2 coil'
msd modifid distributer cap
msd wires

msd ignition hooked up the way that the diagram on the back says i hooded up the mag pick up to the pos and the neg of the old coil is that the wya its supposed to be ........any info would be great.....not getting any spark at all....

msdtech2
06-20-2003, 09:37 AM
On your application you do not use the mag pick up, you will be using the white wire of the MSD Unit. In order to do the install you will physically remove cap and rotor, and get to the internal coil. On the coil you will have 2 Blk/Yell Wires, this is your 12 volt source and the wire that also feeds the internal module. You will take these wires and remove from the coil positive and connect the wires to the small red of the MSD Unit. Then on the negative you will have a wht/blue wire, you will take this wire and remove from the coil and connect to the white wire of the MSD Unit. At this point you will have to remove the OE stock coil from the distributor, then reassemble the rotor and the MSD Cap, if you do not have a location to run the wires out of the distributor you will have to drill a hole on the cap in order to run the wires from the MSD unit. Once the distributor is assembled you will then mount your Blaster Coil and will connect the orange wire from the MSD Unit to the coil positive and the small black wire from the MSD to the coil negative. Once done you will connect your Heavy Red and Heavy Black to the battery, and then just install your MSD Plug wires and the coil wire.
MSD Tech2

delsol1
06-20-2003, 11:03 AM
thanks you so much that means i hooked it up wrong thanks you so much im going to try it now and see what happens......thanks alot!!! i'll post back and let you no what happened....

delsol1
06-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Thanks again that fixed it!!! Runs good except now i need to my exaust done.. :)

msdtech1
07-09-2003, 08:17 PM
Great! Glad we could help.

MSD Tech1