PDA

View Full Version : 7531 Slew Programming Help

mstreet
07-31-2006, 08:23 PM
I am running the 7531 and am having traction problems and would like some tips/help in programming the 7531 to help solve the traction problem. I am currently pulling timing out on launch and it still doesn't help. It's a naturally aspirated combination on drag radials. I do have a good run acquistion file if that would help.

Thanks,
Tim

Eric David Bru
07-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Tim,

Are you trying to control it with the launch retard and the slew?

The biggest problem I see when using the launch retard is guys bring the power back to fast. Some guys take a long time to add the advance back in. Seems to work great without using the slew.

Can you email the file to me at ericdavidbru@yahoo.com?

I will take a look at it tomorrow evening.

MSD tech, your thoughts?

mstreet
08-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Eric,

I'll send the file to you tomorrow - I have to get it off my laptop and then bring it into work so that I have email access. I've been trying to launch the car, two stepping it to 5000 and pulling out 5 degrees for .9 of a second. It worked earlier in the year however this past weekend, I even had it down to a 3600 launch with 15 degrees pulled out for the same amount of time, and it still blew the tires off.

As far as the car goes, the only thing that I've changed since I was out the first time is I've changed headers and went to a x-pipe style crossover on the exhaust - I didn't think that it would make that much more torque.

Thanks again,
Tim

nmcaracer@gmail.com

Eric David Bru
08-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Tim,

I will try and remember to look at the file tonight...

One thing that I see guys having problems with is that they try to bring the power back too fast. Have you tried leaving the retard activated longer, or ease it back in?

Also, post or e-mail me more about your engine/trans.

Where do you race?

EDB

msdtech4
08-04-2006, 12:01 PM
mstreet,

Provided it was not an issue with the track, tires etc., you might need to bring the time factor out more then the .9. The amount (15 degrees) should have been enough to kill power but it might have come back in to fast as EDB said. You might have made just enough of a change to push the car over the edges and it will require a different set up to make it hook up now. Try stretching that time out to see if the car settles down and go from there.

Thanks,

MSD tech4