PDA

View Full Version : Static Noise

garylyew
10-11-2003, 08:24 AM
I have a 95 chevy s-10 4.3L, installed a 6a and a blaster coil. Everthing works great, but now I am getting a static noise through my sterio and the noise goes up and down with engine rpms.
Please Help I would like to get the benifit of both worlds: Performance and Sound.

msdtech4
10-13-2003, 11:40 AM
garylyew,

There are two types of RFI noise. Supply line noise and air borne noise. If your stereo is picking up the noise on your CD player as well as on the AM/FM stations, then you have supply line noise and this can be fixed by installing noise filters on the power leads of the MSD box as well as on the power leads of the stereo and the amplifiers if you are using any. If the noise is only on the AM and FM stations and not on the CD player, then it is air borne noise and is harder to fix, but there are a few things we can try to help alleviate the problem. First, make sure all grounds in the engine compartment are good grounds. Second, make sure your plug wires are up to specs and that they are suppression type wires.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

garylyew
10-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Thanks msdtech4,
I do not have any noise problems with the original ignition system. But what i will try is the noise filter on the power line to the msd.
I am as far as Jamaica West Indies, could you recommend a quality noise filter.
Waiting to hear from.
Thanks again.
Gary :)

msdtech4
10-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Gary,

The rating on the filter we use is 26 KUFD 24 volts. A comparable set up should be available from a Stereo or electronics store.

Thanks,

MSD tech4