PDA

View Full Version : 91 Honda 1.8l Non Vtec Question

radzer0
10-10-2003, 08:30 AM
ive heard a few things...
first ive heard that the blaster coil is too much power for the stock distributer and taht it melts stuff in it over time

2nd i keep hearing everyone saying the 6L is the way to go on the motor.. what is the 6L?

i got a brief description of it and it sounds like a coil on plug setup that u put a new distributer in for

whats msrp on this setup if it does exist

3rd.. would i have to splice wires to hookup it up or is there a harness made for honda since you sell the caps and everything?

you previously told me to get the SCI or SCI-L ignition box.. will the 6AL work just as good? im not going to be running any boost or anything like that and have no plans in the near future

msdtech2
10-10-2003, 11:22 AM
The Blaster Coil is not too much power for the cap; just make sure that the cap and rotor are in good shape and condition.
What they are talking about is the MSD 6A-L, this is a multi spark, capacitive discharge with a built in rev limiter. This feature is to allow the motor to rev to a certain RPM, depending on the RPM Chip that is installed, to protect the engine.
Pricing in the PN 6420, MSD 6A-L is $405.90, which I would recommend getting through a MSD Dealer, which will be cheaper.
We do not offer a harness for direct plug in, so the wires will have to be connected inside the cap for the coil and run through the cap.
The SCI-L is the same as the MSD 6A-L, the only difference is the color of the unit as well as the instructions, and the SCI is more for the import market and will have more of the import diagrams.
Thanks,
msdtech2

radzer0
10-10-2003, 11:30 AM
can i buy the SCI-L book seperate?.. because prices ive found are $200 for 6al... $240 for sci-l... its not worth the $40 more to me

msdtech4
10-10-2003, 04:48 PM
radzer0,

The 6AL comes with a large number of import diagrams also. If you get the unit and can not find your hook up we can mail you the SCI instructions or a specific diagram.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

radzer0
10-11-2003, 04:55 PM
my dad just put a 6al in his mustang.. it dont show my car in it.. can u send diagram for a 91 integra to me?... im sure u can pull the email from the forum login since google bot copys pickup emails if u cant just pm me and ill pm it back

msdtech2
10-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Here are the instructions for the 6 Series, if you look at page 22, you will find the Honda/Acura wiring schematic, with external coil.

http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/6series.pdf

Thanks,
msdtech2