PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

69 Panel
10-09-2003, 08:36 PM
I have a few questions. First I have a sbc with a ready to run distributor pn 8474. I am having trouble with my tach its a autometer pro-comp ultra-lite it is hooked up per their instructions. I have the wire that ran my hei running the new setup. The tach allways bounces around at 3000 rpm no matter what, I have contacted you in the past and you sent me somepthing to put in the signal wire for the tach and then it would work sometimes now it wont work at all again. The tach has a good ground and I have hooked up another tach and it wont work either.

Second question I am having trouble with the weather pack conector on the tach losing its connection. I can be driving along and toh motor starts cutting out and dies if i squeze the plug togeather it will work fine again, or I can go to start it and it wont fire until I squeze the plug togeather it dosent matter if the engine is hot or cold.

I think the message board is awsome for gettinh help and info.

Thanks in advance Ben

msdtech4
10-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Ben,

There are actually a couple fixes for the ready to run distributors. E-mail me at msdtech@msdignition.com with your mailing address and I will send them to you as well as a new harness for the distributor.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

69 Panel
10-10-2003, 04:05 PM
THanks for the help

Ben

msdtech4
10-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Not a problem if you need anything else let us know.