PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Dodge Neon

Chochi
10-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Hi I have a 2000 neon and I would like to get a n ignition that I could atache a tach adapter to. My car does not have much engine work done to it but I'm planning to do a lot so I want something that would work for both, now that it does not have a lot of engine work and later with a lot of engine work. But a reminder it is always going to be street legal (street strip).
I was looking at your DIS 2 ingnition or your sport compact ingnition but not sure how they'll work.

Thanks

msdtech4
10-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Chochi,

The DIS part number 6211 would be the correct ignition for your Neon. You are going to also require an adapter part number 8917. We do offer a coil pack for your Neon also. You will need to unplug the electrical connector and look at the pins on the coil. If the pins on your coil are round the coil is part number 8229, if the pins are flat, you will need the 8239 coil. If this is the 2.0 SOHC we offer a plug wire set part number 32729. This is basically the complete up grade for the ignition on your Neon. You can add them one at a time or all at once. If you go with the 6211 you must get the 8917 at the same time. The coil and wires can be upgraded as you would like to. These can be purchased from one of our dealers listed on our web page under automotive dealers.

Thanks,

MSD tech4