PDA

View Full Version : Digital 6 Dead

56chev210
10-08-2003, 09:22 PM
I've been running a Digital 6 with a Ready-to-Run billet dist. in a small block Chev. It has been running in the car for the last couple months, since August, and it just went out. I was waiting at a light at a busy intercection when my engine started sputtering and when out, and it took me 4 light cycles to restart. It wouldn't restart at all. Finally, I got it and took off and stop, turned the engine off and it wouldn't start again. When I used my bypass, the car fired up on the first crank. Since then, I have only been able to use the MSD once and never again. I've tried grounding the white wire but there is no spark, but when I jump the violet and green, it will spark. The led first told me that there was a voltage problem, but then it stopped and wouldnt turn on until the ignition was on for about 2 minutes. And even then, it's wouldnt fire. No blinking or anything, just steady. If I have to send my MSD in for repair, do I need to change my jetting for a less powerful spark? I really would like it to work, or can I "retrofit" my dist to use the green and violet trigger. ANY help is usefull now. Thanks in advance.

msdtech1
10-08-2003, 10:08 PM
The MSD Ready-To-Run Distributor can be run by itself without the MSD Digital 6 in place. Readjusting the jetting will depend on whether you are running the engine rich or lean. In most cases you can run it as is. I am not sure why the unit is sparking with the Violet and Green wires and not the White, but as a test, try redoing the White wire test again, but this time tap and release it from ground at a faster rate. If you still get no spark then I would suggest sending it in for repair.

MSD Tech1