PDA

View Full Version : Help

microfreak22
10-07-2003, 04:35 AM
i need some help i have an digital sci + ignition and msn blaster coil on my 98 honda civic dx with a jdm b16 in it, the unit worked good till one day a random misfire happend and it wont go a way and it got worst so i sent the unit back and got it repared, got it back ran good for abour 10 miles the started missing here and there sent it back checked out ok put it back on and still there dont know what to do it comes and goes. could it be a bad distribiter? how do you know if its bad need help please

msdtech1
10-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Take a close look at the modified distributor cap that you are using and see if there are any signs of arcing (carbon tracking) around the tower where the coil wire attaches. Also look at the inside of the cap between the terminals and on the rotor as well. Make sure the rotor tip is not burnt or damaged. Start the car at night without any light on and look around the distributor cap and spark plug wires to see if you can locate any arcing. If you see any, that is a good place to start.

MSD Tech1

microfreak22
10-09-2003, 03:27 AM
thanks did it it is sparking or glowing off the coil the + conecter and off one monting screw you see them glow off and on and off the coil wire to the distibuter when you touch it or its near metal i dont know if that thats ok or not the coil is just around 1 year old and i replaced the coil wire still misfire here and there what should i do?

msdtech2
10-10-2003, 09:23 AM
If it is arcing at this point, it will indicate that the coil may be bad already, when it arcs from the tower to the coil positive or negative this may have a pinhole leak. I would suggest sending it in for replacement, since it is a year old or less. Please include a note describing the problem.
Thanks,
msdtech2