PDA

View Full Version : Msd Ignition For 93 Probe Gt V6

Probation
10-06-2003, 02:03 PM
I currentlly have a '93 Ford Probe GT V6. I am looking at upgrading the ignition. I was informed that MSD had a ignition that could be modified to fit, with an adaptor for the distributor cap. I am wondering what specific unit I should be looking at and what kind of adaptor I will need. I am looking mainly for street use with an occasional trip down the 1/4 mile. Any information on this topic would be wonderful. Thanks

msdtech1
10-07-2003, 10:53 PM
You can run and MSD SCI Ignition, PN 6300 or MSD SCI-L Ignition (w/rev limiter), PN 6320 on the Ford Probe with a special adapter harness. The adapter harness is available by calling the MSD Customer Service department at 915-855-7123.

MSD Tech1

http://msdignition.com/sci_6.htm
http://msdignition.com/sci_7.htm

mark 626gt
04-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi
I have a 93 Mazda 626 running the same 2.5 litre V6 engine and had been looking at something like the MSD 6AL, PN 6420. Would the MSD SCI-L, PN 6320 be better for me also, it will be used for street and some drag use running NA, and nitrous with shots from 70 up to maybe 250bhp (all progressive) with a rev limit needing to be no higher than 7Krpm? I don't know what external coil will be best, is their any practical difference for me in using the Blaster2 or Blaster3 coil?
I will need an external coil wire and the plug that takes the output of the external coil into the dizzy cap and to the rotor arm (tower?); do you have the PN for these?

Sorry to be a pain but I know you do the wiring harnesses for these distributors and are normally available on request but I am from the UK and the UK distributor (Real Steel) says they need a part number for anything they order (does the tach adapter need ordering in the same way too if needed?). What is the solution for this?

Thanks for any help on this, as I am a real noob on this.

mark 626gt
04-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Sorry, maybe I should of posted this question in the Applications forum however I do try to do a search before asking any questions that have been previously answered and this post seemed relevant. I can post elsewhere if needed?

mark 626gt
05-11-2004, 11:55 AM
BTTT!