PDA

View Full Version : Msd 6 Offroad In '95 Wrangler

AngryKid
10-05-2003, 08:29 AM
I recently installed the MSD Super Conductor Spark Wire Set... I'm now Looking into getting a used MSD 6 Offroad from a friend [very cheap, still works] all wiring included as far as I know. Are there any other parts that I should get along with this? I've had about the tach adaptor but I dont know if it is necessary until it is installed. How about an MSD Coil to compliment the installation...or will my stock coil do the job? I've heard stories about stock coils burning out completely, but those were on older Jeeps.
Thanks

msdtech4
10-08-2003, 04:05 PM
AngryKid,

The Off-Road unit would be a nice addition to your Jeep. We do not offer a plug in harness for the Jeep applications, but do offer a universal harness part number 8873. This will splice into the factory harness and is color coded out of the center to make the box a direct plug in. If you ever have to bypass the box you unplug it and plug the harness back into itself. We do have a direct replacement high output coil for your Jeep part number 8228. This will be a nice addition to the box and wires.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

AngryKid
10-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Could I just get this... Jeep Installation Kit, Integrated Coil/Module Assembly - PN 8813...?
The ignition does have all the wiring and the box, thats it. No instructions or mounting hardware, I'm sure I could just get some rubber spaces and regular bolts and mount it anywhere just so the cables reach no problem...do you know if its worth it to get the install kit? Would it be hard to install w/ just the way I have it not...hard wire everything in? I'm all willing to wait for any parts I need ordered to do this the right way, do you guys sell your parts through an auto parts store, or do I have to order direct?

msdtech4
10-13-2003, 11:46 AM
AngryKid,

No that is for the earlier integrated coil set up. If you are willing to hard wire it in and can find the mounting components then you are good to go. The box does not need to be rubber mounted, the unit is a potted unit so it is not required. Vibration and moisture is not an issue with this unit.

Thanks,

MSD tech4