PDA

View Full Version : Getting Spark

landonmj
10-03-2003, 09:55 AM
I own a 1984 full size Bronco with a 351 that I have just rebuilt. The enginge ended it's last life in a 97 F-250. It's punched .030 over with a roller cam, Edelbrock 600 carb and Performer intake that was ported to match the gaskets, as were the heads that are fitted with Heddman long tube headers. That is all for engine performance because it is a daily driver still. The Broco came with the TFI ignition set up along with a feedback 2bbl and a whole bunch of emissions electronics that I cut out during the build. I screwed up and cut out the MAP sensor and lost my timing advance. I am currently running a Jacob's Electronics ignition that works off of the factory spark signal. I need to replace my distributor with one that has mech/vac advance. I would like some input on MSD distributors and ignitions. I do low RPM driving-under 4,000-and nothing major off road. I am pretty budget concious and am not looking for top of the line but for what will meet my needs. Any suggestions and comments will be helpful and appreciated.