PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Failure, 6-al

kerbibaldy
10-02-2003, 03:43 PM
For the past year I have been experiencing intermittent failure of my ignition system which I have traced to my 6AL box. I've tried using both a magnetic triggering system and a points trigger and the problem exists using either of those.
When I try the troubleshooting method outlined on the site, I get no spark, but there is still the beep beep sound from within the box.
The failure occours most frequently in cool humid weather (sometimes twice/ day) and less often when it's warm and dry.
The warranty is expired on my unit so I opened it up to see if there might be something obvious that I could repair, but I could see nothing.
Could someone suggest something?
If I send it in for repair, is that a problem that will be possible to locate, due to the sporadic nature of the failure?
Can I be certain that it will be repaired if I do send it in?

Thanks for any replies

msdtech2
10-03-2003, 09:37 AM
I would suggest sending the unit in for testing, when you send it in; include a note describing the situation that you are having. This way we can look for this problem, if it does pass the initial test. The MSD unit will go through thorough testing which hopefully it will fail through one of these tests.
Send it to the following address,
MSD Att: Repair
12120 Esther Lama Dock 5
El Paso, TX. 79936

Thanks,
msdtech2

kerbibaldy
01-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi I sent this 6AL in for repairs last Mo, and the only thing I've heard was when I got a call to confirm my address.

Any info available on this?
Thanks, Bert Kilborne

msdtech13
01-05-2004, 11:19 AM
kerbibaldy

Private massage me (PM) with all tour information including your name, address, and zip code and I will check on the status of your repair.

Msdtech 13

msdtech13
01-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Kerbibaldy

MSD did find some problems with your unit and all problems were repaired. The unit was shipped out on 12/30/03 through UPS ground with a COD total of $32.46 for repairs and freight. The unit should get to you shortly due to the holidays.

Msdtech 13

kerbibaldy
01-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the good news.

msdtech13
01-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Kerbibaldy

No problem Iím glad I could help!

Msdtech 13