PDA

View Full Version : Burnt Resisters In 6al

mark shotter
10-01-2003, 03:36 AM
Hi opened up my dead 6al and found it has burnt the two resisters that go across the main switching transisters.Problem is they got that hot that you can no longer tell the colour code of them.So if any one out there has one opened up can you let me no the colours. Thanks

Chi-Cong
10-01-2003, 11:21 AM
I have dead box that MSD will not fix. When you say "opened it up" Did you just pry the back off? Thanks for the help

mark shotter
10-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Yep i just pryed it off at the four corners. I think the newer boxes have some sort of goo in them also. so that might stop you getting the back off.

msdtech2
10-02-2003, 02:48 PM
I would recommend sending the unit in for repair, those could have burnt up due to lose ground or voltage surge and could have damaged other components.
Send it to the following address:
MSD Att Repair
12120 Esther Lama Dock 5
El Paso, TX. 79936
Write a brief description with the problem with the unit and a good return address as well as a phone number in case we need to get in contact with you.
Thanks,
msdtech2

mark shotter
10-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Hi thanks for the reply.I live in New Zealand so the cost to send it and have repaired over there would be more than a new unit.It was damaged when the main battery terminal came off.There are a few automotive computer repairers over here but they need to no the resistance to continue and establish if other damage has occured.Thanks

msdtech4
10-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Mark,

Keep in mind if anyone tampers with the circuit board and it is ever shipped to us we will not repair it. Just giving you the heads up. I know it is very expensive to ship things over seas. They are 10 ohm 2 watt. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

mark shotter
10-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Thankyou very much.That is a great help
:)

jimmyd
07-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Mark,

Keep in mind if anyone tampers with the circuit board and it is ever shipped to us we will not repair it. Just giving you the heads up. I know it is very expensive to ship things over seas. They are 10 ohm 2 watt. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

same prob here. what are the color codes of the resistors please? thanks in advance.

msdtechsupport3
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
The color bands will be Brown, Black, Black, Gold.