PDA

View Full Version : 2 Step

dave540
09-27-2003, 10:22 AM
I have just installed a 2 step #8739. I wired the red lead through a micro that is activated when the clutch pedal is depressed, 12 volt for the fuse block to the micro. Black to ground and yellow plug to a 6AL. I put a 3000 rpm test pill in mod. #1, I get no control with pedal depressed or released. With a test light hooked up to the red lead (as close as I could get to the box, within an 1") I had 12 volt with the pedal depressed and no power when released. When I switch the test pill to mod.#2 it works as it should- as a rev limit 100% of the time. What am I missing or could this be a defective unit.
Open for suggestions!
Dave

msdtech1
09-27-2003, 09:24 PM
Module 2 is the high rpm limit. When the clutch is not pushed in the Two Step is in position 2, when you press the clutch in the Two Step switches to position 1 for the low rpm limit. Check the recepticale pins on the module 1 position to make sure they did not get pushed in and are not making contact with the module. Based on your tests, it appears that there is a problem with the number 1 module position.

MSD Tech1