PDA

View Full Version : New Features Not Found In My 2 Week Old 7531

MikeD
09-27-2003, 12:29 AM
Just curious....

Went to the speedshop, forked out a lump of money for the greatest/latest ignition box (7531). Received a version 6 box.

Now I found out in the latest software that there is a version 8 out that includes some new features (Step3Kill, Step retard ramp on/off etc.).

I don't suppose you guys will exchange this now old unit for the version 8 unit??? I also don't suppose you charge the next guy more money for the newer features found in his newer/better unit over what I paid???

This is like you selling me a 7al2 and then 2 weeks later, incorporating the features of the 7al3 into the into the same 7al2. I paid for a 7al2 but 2 weeks later the next guy buys the 7al2 with the 7al3 features for the same price as I paid...

msdtech1
09-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Some of the updates to the MSD Programmable Digital 7 Plus are software related and can be used on new and older versions of the unit. If you have downloaded the latest version of the ProData Software (v2.91) then I would suggest that you try the features that you are talking about on your unit to see if it will accept them. MSD has the latest software on our website so that it can be downloaded to see what features the different versions have. We do not charge more for the additional features that we have added to the software because the ProData software is available at no charge on our website.

MSD Tech1