PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong!?!

corvettemaster
09-23-2003, 06:09 PM
i have a msd 6al box installed in a 86 corvette. i've never had any problems from it, and it has always worked great....until now :( one day i just started it up and it wouldn't rev over 3,000 rpm. it just starts missing real bad. took it for a drive, and it does the same thing. i checked, and it has no plug in modules for the rev limiter. so what would cause it to do this all of a sudden? it's been doing it for almost a week now. i also have a custom computer chip for the car with the factory rev limiter taken off...if it matters

msdtech1
09-23-2003, 09:47 PM
To narrow the problem down, try bypassing the MSD and running the car on the factory ignition to see if the problem still exists.

MSD Tech1

corvettemaster
09-26-2003, 10:59 AM
is there an easy way to do this? i did not install the msd box, so i'm not sure of what wires i need to disconnect to bypass it.

corvettemaster
09-26-2003, 08:19 PM
nevermind. i bypassed the msd box, and now it's back to the factory original and is running good thru all rpm's. no missing at all now. is there any way i can purchase an instruction manual to hook up a msd 6al ignition? who ever wired this one up done a crazy job. it was almost like it was using the msd ign. and the factory one together. i believe this might have been the problem. if i can get a manual i can wire it up the correct way myself tho. thanks a lot!

msdtech1
09-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Here is a link to the instruction manual that you will need. It is a .pdf file and can be downloaded and opened using adobe acrobat. If you cannot download it, you can call the MSD Customer Service Department at 915-855-7123 and they will send you one at no charge.

http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/MSD_Digital_6.pdf

MSD Tech1