PDA

View Full Version : Extra Wires

NVMYGS
09-23-2003, 04:35 PM
ok so i read over all the instructions and i am pretty sure i know what im doing..just a few things i wanna make sure on...

1) the cylinder dial (on an integra 4cylinder engine) should be set at 1,2, 3, or 4. only set it at 4 if you are using the launch rev limiter though right?

2) unless you have a problem with the tac or are using a shift light you do not need to put anything into the spot for those things?

3) the extra wires that come with the kit that split into 2. what are those for. am i sapost to just follow the diagram for wireing a honda with external coil? or do i need to put those extra spliters on so that i can attach the red one to the old coil spot and to a switch? (same with white)

thanks for the help...by the way...i would have to say that MSD has been the best company i have ever delt with...you guys have the best customer servies i have ever seen...thanks so much for all your help.

msdtech1
09-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Thank you for compliment on the MSD Customer Service department. All the tech's really appreciate that. Below are the answers to your questions.

1. The digital SCI Ignition comes preprogrammed in 4 cylinder mode from the factory. The cylinder select dial on the end of the unit should be set on "0" for 4 cylinder operation.
2.The Tach Output terminal on the end of the unit can be used to drive tachometers and other rpm devices like rpm switches, shift lights etc..
3.You will not need to use the extra wires that are supplied with the kit if you are installing the unit to a Honda with and external coil. The dual split wires are for used when installing an MSD Timing Control accessory with the Ignition.

MSD Tech1

NVMYGS
09-23-2003, 09:31 PM
thanks so much for all your help...now i just gotta find a place to mount it...i was thinking in the glove box but it says dont put it in there...but what if i cut out the top so it has more room to breath? would this be ok or should i try to find another spot?

msdtech1
09-24-2003, 07:45 AM
The engine compartment is usually the best place to mount it if you can find a location in that area. If you mount it inside the drivers area, you may hear the ignition operating (a slight humming or clicking sound) as the engine is operated. You can also mount the unit behind the front grill on some vehicles.

MSD Tech1