PDA

View Full Version : I Have Trouble Whit My Advance Timing

terreur
09-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Hy, I have pro bullet 85551 distributor and 6al box, I change my weight , I take mr. gasket weight parts # 928, and I put the 2 light silver spring, and the red bushing on my msd advance timing kit. My initial timing is 12` and my full advance is 32 , I try the silver bushing and my full advance is the same. I think is my weight is little more bigger for msd distributor. And my old msd weight , the hole is used. I search in msd book for new weight, but i dont find hem, is maybe possible have weight directly from msd compagny. I trying to have 38`of full advance and is not possible. And what is the best initial timing for a stock 305 engine.

msdtech2
09-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Yes it may be possible for weights to cause problem, being to big and will not allow the centrifugal to fully open with different weight. Here is the PN for the weights for your distributor, MSD10057 you will need 2 of these part numbers for the pair, the cost on $8.50 for the set. If you want to order them you can e-mail the tech line at msdtech@msdignition.com you will need to supply them with the part number as well as how you want them shipped and how you will be paying for them.
Thanks,
msdtech2