PDA

View Full Version : Dis 4 Wiring On Sr20det

spladle
09-12-2003, 10:09 AM
I was wondering if you guys had specific wiring instructions for the MSD DIS4 into a 240sx with the S13 SR20DET Swap. Thanks in advance for all your help and a great product.

Sincerely,
Ken

msdtech2
09-12-2003, 02:44 PM
What year motor is it and are you going to be using the factory ECU or an aftermarket fuel management system? Also is this motor set up for distributorless ignition?
Thanks,
msdtech2

spladle
09-13-2003, 10:15 AM
The Motor is a Redtop S13 Silvia motor. It is a 91-94 SR20DET RWD swaped into a 92 Nissan 240sx. The car is not running the stock ECU, we are using the Apexi Power FC for enging management. Yes, it is setup with the factory Coil Packs, Distributorless igntion. Right now we are making 496hp to the wheels and setup for drag. The problem is getting out of the hole. We are hoping that the DIS 4 will help with spark and most importantly allow us to use the 2 step. Thanks for all your help and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Feel free to check out the car http://www.enjukuracing.com/subpages/ctw.htm

Thanks again,
Ken

msdtech2
09-15-2003, 10:36 AM
Does the Apex have a 2 or 4 channel output signal? The other question does the factory coils have a built in transistor, or is there 2 or 3 wires going into the primary side of the coil? The reason is that if it has a built in transistor in each coil you will not be able to use the MSD unit, cause the MSD unit puts out 460 volts to the primary side of the coil and will damage the internal transistor.
Thanks,
msdtech2

spladle
09-15-2003, 01:22 PM
The transistor is external. Its a 4 channel transistor "pack" that has signals from ecu going to one side, and the other side sends signal to individual coilpacks. the Apexi Power FC ECU/controller just plugs right into the factory wiring harness.

I have seen this unit installed with this motor and similar setup.

Just trying to figure out the wiring :o)

Thanks again for all your help.

Ken

msdtech2
09-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Well, I have been trying to get some type of schematic of the wires that are going to the coils, but I am having no luck. It is possible that you have the color codes that go to the coils? If you do can you send them to me and I can work with schematic and include the MSD Dis-4 into it.
Thanks,
msdtech2

oki180sx
01-29-2006, 03:34 AM
Did you get it wired up? If not I can help you out I installed the DIS 2 on my SR20DET. My email is colby20777@hotmail.com