PDA

View Full Version : Digital 6 and Pro-Billit Distributor PN 8352

mstnggt66
09-06-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm in the process of trying to get my new Ford 302 running in my 1966 Mustang. I tried to start my motor and could not get it to start. I checked my Digital 6 box using the procedure described in the manual and it sparked perfectly. I then read that if you are using a MSD billit distributor I should cut the green loop wire but I noticed the other distributors requiring this were using magnetic triggers and it seems PN 8352 does not? Please advise.

Also, Is there any way to check proper firing my distributor?

msdtech1
09-06-2003, 11:58 PM
If you are using the MSD Digital 6 White wire to trigger the unit, then the green wire should not be cut. The fact that you are using the MSD PN 8352 tells me that you should be using the White wire trigger method. Therefore do not cut the Green wire.

MSD Tech1

mstnggt66
09-09-2003, 05:02 AM
What does cutting the green wire do?

msdtech2
09-09-2003, 09:07 AM
By cutting the green loop allows for a magnetic compensation at higher RPM's, there are different magnetic pick ups that will retard timing at higher RPM's and by cutting this loop it will compensate for this retard. This is only if you are using the violet and green on the MSD Unit. If using the white wire, there is no need to worry about this loop.
Thanks,
msdtech2

cm88gt
09-14-2003, 05:05 PM
I am a little confused. In the digital 6 instructions it says to cut the wire if you are using a msd distributor or a ford ignition setup.

I am running the digital 6 with the factory ford distributor(tfi) on my 88 mustang should my green loop be cut or not?

Thanks
Clint

msdtech1
09-14-2003, 07:31 PM
You only cut the green loop if the distributor is triggering the MSD through the Violet and Green wire. If you are using the factory amplifier and are triggering the MSD through the White wire then Do Not cut the green loop.

MSD Tech1