PDA

View Full Version : Integra GS-R bad 6A box?

chattownGSR
09-06-2003, 12:56 PM
I have recently upgraded ignition to Msd 6a, Msd blaster ss coil, Msd dist. cap, new oem rotor button, Magnecor 8.5mm plug wires. When this was all installed the car cranked and ran but, I had no room to mount the ign. box under the hood. I ended up mounting it under the passenger seat and running the wires through the fire wall to coil and into the cap. Though the car was running the 6a box was ticking with the engine rpms. Rev it up and it would tick right along with it. My guess is the 6a box, which I got used, is shorting to ground internally, correct me if I'm wrong. If it is the 6a, could I get it repaired somehow?

msdtech1
09-07-2003, 12:17 AM
The MSD Ignition will make a small amount of noise when the engine is running. This is normal. Is the car running fine, or are you experiencing problems other than the noise that you have indicated?

MSD Tech1

chattownGSR
09-08-2003, 05:37 PM
The car ran when I hooked everything up, then after about the forth time I started the car it didn't crank. I took the 6a out of the loop and the car runs fine. I would like to put it back in soon. I think it might need to be repaired, if possible, how much would it be? ?

msdtech1
09-08-2003, 06:58 PM
If the unit is within the warrenty period then it will be repaired at no charge. If the warrenty has expired then the maximum repair charge for a 6 Series Ignition will be $65. Here is the information on the repair service.

Limited Warranty
Autotronic Controls Corporation warrants MSD Ignition products to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and if properly installed for a period of one year from date of purchase. If found to be defective as mentioned above, it will be replaced or repaired if returned prepaid along with proof of date of purchase. This shall constitute the sole remedy of the purchaser and the sole liability of Autotronic Controls Corporation to the extent permitted by law, the foregoing is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties or representations whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness. In no event shall Autotronic Controls Corporation be liable for special or consequential damages.

Service
In case of malfunction, your MSD component will be repaired free of charges according to the terms of the warranty. When returning MSD components for warranty service, Proof of Purchase must be supplied for warranty verification. After the warranty period has expired, repair service is charged based on a minimum and maximum charge rate. (Contact Customer Service for current rate).
When returning an MSD product for repair, leave all wires at the installed length. Cutting wires close to the unit will void the warranty. Also, include a detailed account of any problems experienced and what components and accessories are installed on the vehicle.
Send the MSD component prepaid to the attention of:

Customer Service Department
Autotronic Controls Corporation
12120 Esther Lama, Dock 5
El Paso, Texas 79936

The repaired unit will be returned as soon as possible after receipt (usually 10 - 14 working days) COD for any charges. For more information on repairs, call our Customer Service Line at (915) 855-7123. Our trained technicians are available from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, mountain time, Monday - Friday.