PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Lancer 2002

UntuchablSS
07-02-2003, 04:27 PM
My buddy bought an MSD-6AL and I have a funny feeling that it isn't what we need for this car. Can you please provide part numbers, here are the stats...

For everyday use, daily driver...weekend racer.
Four cylinder - Injected obviously.
two coils, two cylinders per coil.
The two coils are mounted directly upon two cylinders, the other two use the typical spark plug wire.

Any help is greatly appreciated. GREATLY !!

Thanks in advance.

Val Ramos
UntuchablSS

msdtech2
07-03-2003, 09:34 AM
The MSD-6AL is not designed for the Mitsubishi Lancer, we currently do not have a unit for the 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. The factory coils have a transistor built internally, and by adapting an MSD Unit it will blow out the transistors. We do have units for the distributorless ignitions, but they are only for the vehicles that do not have built in transistors or integrated modules.
Thanks,
msdtech2

CobraRGuy
07-03-2003, 04:18 PM
What about the new Lancer Evolution VIII? I just bought one
and am starting to look for performance upgrades.
Thanks, Perry

msdtech2
07-07-2003, 08:11 AM
Pretty much the new Lancer's will have this transistorized/coil assembly, so you will not be able to do any install to these applications.
msdtech2

Marc-liang
10-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by msdtech2@Jul 3 2003, 08:34 AM
The MSD-6AL is not designed for the Mitsubishi Lancer, we currently do not have a unit for the 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. The factory coils have a transistor built internally, and by adapting an MSD Unit it will blow out the transistors. We do have units for the distributorless ignitions, but they are only for the vehicles that do not have built in transistors or integrated modules.
Thanks,
msdtech2
If I try to install the DIS in Lancer,what maybe happen or any serious ECU broke.Thanks.

msdtechsupport1
10-24-2005, 10:28 AM
You'll blow the stock igniters in the coils, and you could damage the ECM. The install cannot be done unless you use an aftermarket ECM that has an adjustable output signal for the ignition.

tonykurth78
01-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Noticed that last post in here was 2005. Was wondering if you have made anything for this kind of ignition system yet?