PDA

View Full Version : 84 mustang gt Question

DVMonkey
09-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi I just bought the

MSD Billet and Pro-Billet Distributor #8479 ,
6A Ignition Control,
Blaster 2,

What will i need to do to make sure the stock Tach will work? also any advice on hooking this up will be apreciated as i've never done anything like this before thanks

msdtech2
09-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Once the MSD system is connected find the trigger wire from the tach and connect to the tach output on the MSD Unit, if tach does not operate use the PN 8920 Tach Adapter, this will have instruction on how to connect your style of tach.
When connecting the unit, make sure you find the correct ignition 12 volt source, make sure it has voltage when cranking and in the run position. Connect the heavy red to battery positive and heavy black to battery negative if possible, if not engine ground will be fine. Make sure the only 2 wires on the coil are the orange and black from MSD Unit. If extending wires use the next gauge bigger.
Thanks,
msdtech2

DVMonkey
09-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info. Got it installed and the car runs really well. The Tach does not work so i will be putting the tach adapter on there also. My question now is, what is the easiest way to switch out the timing advance stoppers? the factory one is in there now, i wiould like to try out the other ones, jsut cannot figgure out how to get it appart to swap it. Thakns

Dustin

msdtech2
09-08-2003, 09:57 AM
The bushing that comes with the distributor is the blue bushing which is a 21-degree, in order to change you will need to remove the cap, and rotor. Once removed underneath the weight plate is an 11/32 nut, remove this nut and you will remove the blue bushing and install with the desired bushing and replace the washer and nut. Just use an open end 11/32 wrench is the best way.
Thanks,
msdtech2