PDA

View Full Version : MSD SCI on H22A prelude

93ludevtec
09-01-2003, 04:54 PM
I have a '93 prelude vtec with an external coil and i'm not sure where i should hook up any of the wires.. i had them hooked up the way the directions say.. but it didn't work (thanks MSD!). so could you tell me where (exactly if possible) all the wires need to be hooked up.. and if anyone else has a prelude.. where it could be mounted with sufficient space.. thanks

msdtech2
09-02-2003, 10:35 AM
According to the diagram that I have it shows that there is a Blk/Yell and Yell and a Blue wire to the external coil. You will connect the MSD as follows, take the Blk/Yell and the Yel and remove from the coil, then connect to the small red of the MSD Unit. Take the Blue of the coil and connect to the white of the MSD Unit. This will leave no wires on the coil at this point. Then from the MSD Unit you will take the orange and connect to the coil positive terminal, which is where the Blk/Yel was originally connected. Then take the Black of the MSD Unit and connect to the terminal on the coil where the blue was connected. These will be the only 2 wires on the coil. The only 2 wires left will be the heavy red and heavy black to battery.
Thanks,
msdtech2

93ludevtec
09-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks msdtech2! I hooked it up last night with no problem!

msdtech2
09-04-2003, 11:58 AM
No problem, thanks for posting.
msdtech2