PDA

View Full Version : MSD 7531 update - has it happened

Shoedoos
07-01-2003, 07:46 PM
I heard the MSD 7531 was due for some kind of modification or update, can anybody tell me if this has happened yet and if not when this is likely to happen? Also, what is the update likely to include?

Also, to utilise the data acquisition feature on the 7531, do we need to have any other components? ie: cam sync, laptop, wiring etc?

msdtech1
07-01-2003, 08:25 PM
The most recent software updates are included in the ProData Software version 2.85 which is available at www.msdignition.com/softdwn.html

The latest updates where done on June 23, 2003. The MSD PN 7531's data acquisition function does not require any additional components in order for it to be used. You will need a laptop or PC to view the acq files after you record the data.

MSD Tech1

Shoedoos
07-03-2003, 02:06 AM
Thanks for your quick response......just to confirm one last thing, there is not going to be a "hardware" update on the 7531 in the near future? It is just a software development?

I am about to purchase a complete 7531 operation and have been told by the supplier that there was an updated version on it's way.....that's why I wanted to clarify the situation before spending the money.

msdtech1
07-07-2003, 11:35 AM
The latest hardware is version 6 and all production units and existing prototype units have been updated to this version. This was done around two months ago and there are no scheduled updates to per performed after that.

Thanks,

MSD Tech1

Shoedoos
07-08-2003, 09:59 PM
Apologies for being dumb on this topic, but how does "version 6" differ from the other versions? Also, how would I know if I was getting the latest version 6. Can I see any changes visually....or what?

msdtech1
07-09-2003, 08:31 PM
The version of the unit is stamped in the mounting plate on the unit between the two mounting holes. All units that are currently available are version 6.

MSD Tech1