PDA

View Full Version : Need 6a help

Grey_Goose
08-26-2003, 08:11 AM
I have a 6a and a new billet dist for a 302. The guy I bought the 6a from cut the male plug off of the box. I'm assuming that thats what plugs into the harness. Since there is no plug I'm going to just splice the wires together. I believe violet and green come out of the dist. What wires do they hook to on the 6a. I couldn't find any diagrams that matched my set up. Oh I'm also using the factory style msd coil.

Thanks

msdtech1
08-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Out of your distributor you will have three wires, a Black, Black/Orange and Black/Violet. Here is how you hook the distributor to the MSD Ignition.

Dist. Black - Not used
Dist. Black/Orange to MSD Violet Wire
Dist. Black/Violet to MSD Green Wire.

Here is how the box needs to be hooked up.
1. Remove the original wire(s) that are connected to coil positive (+) and connect them directly to the MSD 6A Red (18ga) wire.
2. Connect the MSD Orange wire to coil positive (+). Note: the only wire that should be on the coil (+) terminal should be the MSD Orange wire.
3. Remove all original wire(s) that are connected to coil negative (-).
4. Connect the MSD Black (18ga) wire to coil negative (-). Note: the only wire that should be on the coil (-) terminal should be the MSD Black wire.
5. Connect the 6A Black (12ga) wire and the PN 8980 Black wire to a good ground. Preferably the negative side of the battery or engine block.
6. Connect the 6A Red (12ga) wire to battery positive (+).

That is it, you are ready to run.

MSD Tech1

Grey_Goose
08-27-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by msdtech1@Aug 26 2003, 09:36 AM
Out of your distributor you will have three wires, a Black, Black/Orange and Black/Violet. Here is how you hook the distributor to the MSD Ignition.

Dist. Black - Not used
Dist. Black/Orange to MSD Violet Wire
Dist. Black/Violet to MSD Green Wire.

Here is how the box needs to be hooked up.
1. Remove the original wire(s) that are connected to coil positive (+) and connect them directly to the MSD 6A Red (18ga) wire.
2. Connect the MSD Orange wire to coil positive (+). Note: the only wire that should be on the coil (+) terminal should be the MSD Orange wire.
3. Remove all original wire(s) that are connected to coil negative (-).
4. Connect the MSD Black (18ga) wire to coil negative (-). Note: the only wire that should be on the coil (-) terminal should be the MSD Black wire.
5. Connect the 6A Black (12ga) wire and the PN 8980 Black wire to a good ground. Preferably the negative side of the battery or engine block.
6. Connect the 6A Red (12ga) wire to battery positive (+).

That is it, you are ready to run.

MSD Tech1
Ha, that sounds way too easy

msdtech1
08-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Ok

Grey_Goose
08-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Thanks

msdtech1
08-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Your welcome.