View Full Version : DIST.GEAR
07-01-2003, 01:19 PM
:( AFTER SEVEN RACES ON MY NEW MSD DIST ABOUT FIVE TEETH BROKE OFF THE GEAR. THE WEAR PATTERN LOOKED GOOD. IN THE MIDDLE. BREAK IN WAS AS DIRECTED.NOBODY HAS AN ANSWER. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP.DON'T WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.
07-01-2003, 08:02 PM
We will need some additional information to determine what has happened to your distributor gear.
1. What engine was the distributor used in?
2. Which MSD Distributor where you using - PN?
3. What cam type and make is in your engine.
4. Was this a new cam new gear combination or a used cam new gear combo?
5. Did you use the break-in lube that was supplied with the distributor when you installed it?
Let us know and we will try to help you.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.