PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Wrangler YJ with 1992 injection 4.0Ltr

Mijali
08-23-2003, 08:39 PM
I have several problems to install it, works with computer use a Crankshaft position sensor and the distribuitor have 3 core & the Coil is with 2 core.
We have install de MSD6A and I all ready amke the test Checking for spark and works properly, but I dont know wich triger cable to use. please let me know how to install the MSD6A & the Spark timming control PN8980.

Many Thanks

From Lima Peru

Mijali

msdtech1
08-24-2003, 11:40 AM
You will need to do all the wiring right at the coil, you do not want to hook anything directly to the distributor. Here is how to install the MSD 6A, PN 6200 and the MSD Timing Control, PN 8980 to your application.

1. Remove the original wire(s) that are connected to coil positive (+) and connect them directly to the MSD 6A Red (18ga) wire and the PN 8980 Red wire.
2. Connect the MSD Orange wire to coil positive (+). Note: the only wire that should be on the coil (+) terminal should be the MSD Orange wire.
3. Remove the original wire(s) that are connected to coil negative (-) and connect them directly to the PN 8980 White wire.
4. Connect the MSD Black (18ga) wire to coil negative (-). Note: the only wire that should be on the coil (-) terminal should be the MSD Black wire.
5. Connect the PN 8980 Yellow wire to the MSD 6A White wire.
6. Connect the 6A Black (12ga) wire and the PN 8980 Black wire to a good ground. Preferably the negative side of the battery or engine block.
7. Connect the 6A Red (12ga) wire to battery positive (+).
8. The Violet/Green wires on both the 6A and the PN 8980 will not be used for your application.

That is it, you are ready to run.

MSD Tech1